Jobs at CalCERTS
Customer Service Professional
CalCERTS is California’s leading Home Energy Rating System Provider. CalCERTS created and maintains a website that allows homeowners and members of the building industry to electronically submit the necessary documentation to obtain building permits. The website also allows our customers to record test results that confirm the energy efficiency of new and existing buildings. The data is made available for California’s building departments to review.
CalCERTS is looking for high performing Customer Service Professionals to join our Customer
Support Team. Our team works collaboratively to assist our clients in navigating, troubleshooting and performing functions within the CalCERTS registry. Our client base consists of members of the building industry. Support is provided via phone, email and some in-office visits. We are looking for a customer service agent that enjoys solving problems and is able to think outside of the box. This position requires continuous learning and motivation to succeed.
Minimum General Requirements:
• 2-3 years of Customer Service experience is required.
• Candidate must have strong reading, writing, and verbal skills.
• Candidate must be able to multi-task, organize their time, and prioritize.
• Ability to adapt to varying priorities and different workloads.
• Proficient with MS Office, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Additional technical experience and skills related the California Building Codes are a plus.
• Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, and occasionally in person.
• Assist customers with registering online accounts, navigating the CalCERTS registry, troubleshooting issues the customer may be experiencing, and identifying corrective actions.
• Participate in individual and team projects as needed, such as creating technical manuals for internal and external users of the CalCERTS registry.
• Communicate feedback (problems or recommended changes) provided by our customers to our internal IT team in order to improve the efficiency of the website.
• Assist in the on-boarding and training of new agents.
• Build upon existing job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Field Technician, Office Assistant, and/or Scheduling/Dispatching in industries below:
• HERS Rating Company
• Construction Industry- New Construction, Alterations, and/or Non-Residential.
• Above Code Programs- NSHP, Energy Star, and/or CAHP.
• Contractor/Builder- HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, QII, and/or Fenestration.
• Energy consulting firm.
• We are looking for candidates who would like to grow their careers and experience within the building energy industry.
• This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday.
• This position is based in our Folsom, California office and is NOT eligible for telecommuting.
• Salary for this position is based on experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a 401k program and 2 weeks of vacation per year.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $16.50 per hour
CalCERTS, the leading HERS Provider in the state of California, is seeking an Energy Consultant to support single- and multifamily projects. The position requires the ability to work with building simulation software, advise on energy efficiency measures, research emerging technologies, and provide field services.
• Create and review models to analyze energy use in buildings in compliance with program guidelines
• Document modeling assumptions and results
• Perform energy audits and field inspections to verify proper installation of energy measures
• Provide analysis of building energy use through post-processing of model outputs and utility billing data
• Participate in energy design charrettes and propose energy efficient design alternatives
• Build and maintain relationships with raters, energy consultants, architects, developers, and owners
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of two years of related experience
• Energy modeling experience with EnergyPro and CBECC-Res software
• Knowledge of CA residential energy codes
• Knowledge and ability to navigate the CA Energy Code documents and reference materials
• Knowledge and understanding of building science principles and practice
• Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills
• Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
• Strong correspondence skills via email and written documents
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Eligible to work in the United States
PREFERRED CREDENTIALS (NOT REQUIRED):
• Certified HERS Rater
• CSLB Contractors License
• CABEC Certified Energy Analyst (CEA) or Associate Energy Analyst (AEA) Accreditation
• HVAC Certifications: NATE, NCI
• Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certified Professional
• Energy Auditor
HOURS OF WORK: 8-5 Mon-Fri; ability to work additional hours if needed
LOCATION: Folsom, CA