2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards Update Training
Published on: October 24, 2016
Now that CalCERTS has been approved by the CEC as a HERS Provider for the 2016 Standards, we can offer 2016 Update Training to all our existing HERS Raters.
We are pleased to announce that our Update Training is immediately available to our existing Raters through our website. This means that you can update your HERS Rater certification online, at your own pace, well in advance of January 1st implementation date for the 2016 Standards.
CalCERTS 2016 Update Training is available for $120.
Our 2016 Update Course includes the following:
• A 2 hour video of Technical Updates, detailing the differences between the 2013 Standards and the 2016 Standards. We review the code changes, and how the changes will impact the way you perform ratings.
• A 1 hour bonus video reviewing our QA process and the CalCERTS Registry. The QA portion of the video will cover some of the most common mistakes we find in the QA department, and ways to avoid them. We will also go into more detail about what QA looks for in the field and what data points we gather. The Registry portion of the training covers many of our most frequently asked questions from Registry Users.
• Access to our new Registry User Manual. This manual is complete with instructions and screenshots that cover every aspect of using our Registry, including instructions for Installers, Building Officials, and Homeowners.
• 2016 Update Exam. Passing this Update Course requires passing a brief final exam. Passing the exam will automatically update you as a 2016 Rater in the CalCERTS Registry for whichever certifications you already possess.
• All students will have access to the course content for 6 months (180 days).
- To enroll in our 2106 Update Course visit www.calcerts.com and navigate to the CalCERTS Training Schedule, or simply click here: https://www.calcerts.com/Training_schedule.cfm.
- Next, select the HERS Update Courses, expand on the HERS Update Course selection and click on the shopping cart icon to follow the prompts to complete the purchase.
- Once you have purchased the course you will receive an email confirmation with a login link.
- You may also access the Update Course from within the CalCERTS Registry. Once logged in to the Registry select located on the left side menu bar. If you have already purchased a class you will be directed to your online training dashboard. If you have not already purchased a class you will be directed to the Training Schedule to follow the purchasing steps listed above.
Our Training Department is available to answer any questions. Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org